Friday, October 19, 2018

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

With a new Pink, Pink, Pink Challenge in Unity, I was inspired to pull out several Unity kits, a KOTM from October 2011 (heart, words, border and plant), the September 2015 SMAK kit (another heart), the April 2017 SMAK kit (woman) and the Teacup Floret (sentiment). My sister is, luckily, a very long time breast cancer survivor and a good friend is now also a long term survivor. With this card, I honor those women and all others who have to fight a tough battle first to win that survivor badge.

I started by pulling out a, new to me, paper pad, Debutante, from Prima. I love the women depicted in this paper and the colors, giving a very vintage feel. So I started by stamping the woman in brown archival ink. I masked off the area around her shoulder and arm and stamped the circle with words, wanting the word “HOPE” to show up, using the brown and a Gina K rose ink. I then stamped the border with the rose ink. I stamped the 2 hearts onto paper from the pack and die cut a few others. I used a Distress ink on one and the rose ink on the other. I used pencils and inks on all the images to enhance effect.

To complete the card, I added a base striped green paper, ribbon, crystal dots, sticky hearts, and Prima flowers. I embossed the sentiment on vellum, and added it to the corner.



I hope this card could give encouragement to some else in their fight. Not sure if it’s too much, but it was put together with the best intentions. Till next time, happy crafting!

1 comment: