Thursday, October 18, 2018

Believe Tag

Yesterday, I decided to try to make a tag for Unity’s Tag Challenge. I started by pulling out October’s SMAK kit and decided to use the snowflakes. I grabbed a tag and sprayed it with Snowflake Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then sprayed a little Heidi Swapp blue mist over the tag. I also added a few sprayed drops of Vintage Photo and Hickory Smoke stain.



I stamped and embossed the word believe at an angle using blue archival inks. I then added a silver glitter ink over the top. I stamped the large snowflake and embossed with a stampendous glitter blue embossing powder and used the same glitter ink to add a little more sparkle. I stamped the other snowflakes and used silver and snowflake tinsel embossing powders. I used the background stamp in the kit with hickory smoke oxide ink. I pulled out an Art Anthology dark blue ink and added drops around with its eyedropper and sprayed with water and dried it. This ink is interesting as it has a shimmer glaze to it.

I then pulled out white metallic and silver Brea Reese paste, and and a Mars Black, dark grey, Brea Reese Texture paste. I used a TCW random dots stencil with the white paste and then added the snowflake Tinsel embossing powder over the top. By heating up the paste, the embossing powder adheres to it. I added a few more drops of the navy ink and spritzed again with water, then dried it. I pulled a Tim Holtz sweater pattern stencil and added 2 different strips using both silver pastes. I then took white, silver and navy pens and added more details to the word, snowflakes and strips. I used Distress Picket Spray to lighten up some areas, where needed.

I finished the tag by hot gluing a silver snowflake and adding coordinating ribbons.



My hands ended up a mess, but I ended up with a very shimmering and glittery tag, that I think matches the holiday season well. Hope you like this tag!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! 💙💙💙 Your tutorial explanations are always so detailed. I simply don't know how you remember all of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! It’s a challenge especially if I don’t blog right away! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete