Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Beautiful Change Card

Was inspired yesterday by another crafter’s beautiful card replicating the design of a plate with stamps and watercolor. I decided to try replicating a Prima Autumn Moon paper, at least in colors, subjects and design. I am sure I didn’t achieve my goal in any of those areas, but I’m happy with the attempt and had fun trying!

To begin, I stamped the image from Unity’s Beautiful Change Kit using Simon Says Beige ink and Color Box Willow on the leaves. I stamped and embossed the sentiment in Willow and Clear Embossing Powder. I painted the images with my Kuretake watercolors. I pulled background stamps from Thoughts from the Past Kit, April 2017 KOTM and September 2017 KOTM. I then used Distress inks in Tattered Rose to add vintage postcard, and Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo to add flowers in the background. I used my Kuretake paints to paint the butterfly.



Overall, I’m pleased with the effect I gained. The only changes I would make are maybe using a larger cardbase to get the details in the background paper, painting during daylight to better match colors and using a watercolor paper versus the Canson Bristol paper.



Well, back to sleep for awhile before I start my next card! Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. At risk of sounding like a total weirdo lol, I am always in awe of your work. Another brilliant make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you so much! Love the positive feedback!

      Delete
  2. You are so inspiring! I think you nailed it really... your background looks so much like the Prima paper!! I love how you painted the pumpkins! Gorgeous card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, thank you very much! My artsy side was itching, had to go with it!

      Delete