Sunday, September 30, 2018

First Set of September Unity ATC’s

For the first ATC, had to get a little inky here and create a mixed media type ATC with a focus on an agreed upon theme of butterflies. I started by cutting down a set of 7 Gypsies 4x6 folders with camera illustrations on them. Each ATC ended up different, just based upon the base picture. Since one corner was rounded on many of the papers, I made sure each had one rounded corner, no matter where I made the cuts. I lightly painted gesso on the camera free parts of the paper. I dried it and then added blue and green Distress inks over the gesso, darkening the area around the cameras. I then stamped 2 butterflies, one from Cuppa Comfort Kit and the other from Dreams Take You Kit. I used different colored inks, and embossed one of them. I added glitter pen and crystals on one and used a glitter pen on the other. I split the larger one in half. I then added butterflies to the painted ATC using royal blue paste and added light blue embossing powder over the top and heat set it.


I used leftover paper for the sentiment, stamping butterflies from the Loving Today kit first and then embossing the part of the sentiment from the 8/17 KOTM. I figured one way to savor the beauty of life is to capture it via camera. I fussy cut it and then inked the edges of this and the ATC. I assembled all the pieces and added Spectrum Noir gold glitter ink to the lens of each camera. I also emphasized the camera details quickly with a brown pen. I liked them all collectively, but individually, not sure how people reacted!


For second ATC, I started with a beautiful fall napkin by separating all 3 layers. I cut large enough pieces to collage onto the ATCS I had already cut down. I then took watercolor paper and dipped a large sheet into orange, red and green Distress inks. I then stamped a leaf from the same 8/17 KOTM onto the paper. I also stamped random dots from the Never kit on the leaves. I used pens to color in the heart and added white and gold pens to the dots to simulate those flecks that appear on the leaves!  I then stamped the sentiment on coordinating paper which was a freebie and I’m not sure which kit it came from. This was my way to say thanks to the swap group I’ve been part of for half a year! I pulled the ATC together, first by fussy cutting the leaves and sentiments, adding fancy string, then adding a leaf paper cliff and a Bo Bunny cut board piece.




This set ended my participation in this ATC swap group. Decided I had to cut down on my commitments with new competing life priorities, but I really appreciate all the ATC goodies I’ve received and the opportunity I had to play and experiment. Well enough for today! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment