Monday, September 17, 2018

Sunflower Card

Been in a funk lately, made some ATC’s, took a long break, tried some cards that failed....oh well, time to snap out of it! To get inspired, I decided to look through one of my favorite pattern paper pads, Autumn Moon, by Prima. I noticed the daisy basket juxtaposed against the map background and decided to case the style and the soft colors.



I chose to use the vase from Unity’s August 2017 KOTM and the map from the August 2017 SMAK kit, coincidentally. To start I pulled watercolor paper, cut it down and stamped the vase using coffee, yellow and brown archival inks. To get the colors I wanted I to use, I mixed my own. I painted the background a couple times drying in between layers. I then attacked the vase using green and brown distress inks. Then I began adding colors to the flowers. I decided to add the map background stamp using coffee archival ink. I then fussed some more with the flowers and vase, and finally added a bit of the map to the vase as well. To complete the background, I used a rose pencil around the flowers to delineate the edges better. I die cut the image and inked the edges.



To complete the card, I found some vintage patterned paper I thought would complement the image, washi tape, 2 ribbons, gold pen and sequins. I used washi tape on the sentiment tag as well. Hope you like the soft vintage feel of the card. For some reason, I had found the stamp intimidating, but I think it turned out okay in this style! Let me know your thoughts. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment