Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Never Tag Experiment

Decided to try creating a tag after being inspired by watching 2 videos on Unity’s FB site with Jolande van Oosterhout. I improvised using my own stash collection including the Never kit, Red Pearl and brown Colorbox ink, Versamark black ink, white gesso, Art Anthology, Art C, and Tim Holtz products, 7Gypsies trinket and a TCW stencil. This was the first time I created a tag since I began stamping a year ago.


I started by painting white gesso on the tag. I dried it and then added Art Anthology mint and gold painted cross hatch stripes and circles on the card. I dried the tag again. I then tried adding the large scroll stamp with the rose ink. I should have used my Misti here as the tag becomes uneven as you layer products on it. I then wanted to see what happened if I added a Tim Holtz stain on it, so I added some orange pumpkin and spritzed a little water on it to let it run. I dried that and added another stamp in spots using Brown ink. I then added the sentiments and the circles, again, my Misti would have been beneficial here. I added the Art C metallic paste with a stencil, first trying to use a wipe, which didn’t work on my painted surfaces and then my finger! I added the stain again in the circles. I then tried another Art Anthology darker red spray which ended up too dark and spritzed with water. I dried everything again, added the dragonfly trinket, a little gold paste on the black circles, darkened the edges and added ribbons and called it done. 

What I learned...this is so fun, but I need to experiment in my journal with how these products interact with each other. I think I also need to use my Misti more. I also reminded myself that I am a firm believer in “more is more” vs “less is more” (reminds me of all the rings I used to wear on my fingers and multiple necklaces at once). Anyway, hope you share your own experiments as we learn together! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment