Friday, September 7, 2018

Notice Moments Card

Yikes! Made a list of all the cards I need to make this month, for this and next month, realizing between birthdays and anniversaries I have a slew to make! So, to begin, decided to make a card for my son and DIL who are expecting their first child next month! For this card, I used last month’s Unity LOL kit, called Notice Moments (8/18).

To begin, I pulled out a Spectrum Noir Aqua paper and cut it down closer to size. I sprayed the sheet lightly with a light peach/orange Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Using my Misti, I stamped the image in Coffee Archival ink and, then, restamped the clock face in Potting Soil and the flower in Monarch Orange.

I then pulled out peach, orange and rust colored Distress inks, 2 greens, and Vintage Photo. I began painting the image again moving between areas and lights and darks, drying when needed. I added shadows to the image and spattered droplets of the paint. I also added a few white drops. Finally, I added a few stencil additions to the paper and then diecut it.

I then turned to the sentiment. I decided to use different kits here. I pulled out a vintage gridded paper for this. First, I used the family words from Bitty Backgrounds with the red ink to coordinate colors. (They probably won’t notice it, but I know it’s there!) I then clear embossed the sentiment from Unity’s Loving Today kit with Olive Green Archival ink.

To complete the card, I used a coordinating background paper, added color to the edges, used a brad with a clock face on it (!), added raffia, sticky dots and some sequined flowers! Inside it will say Happy Anniversary! Certainly is a special time in their life...where every moment will count!

Hope you like this one! Remember, I am participating in a #papercraftersfollowloop, wherein, I will reciprocate following you (even your blogs) if you follow me. It’s meant to encourage fellow crafters and to acquire some inspiration for myself! If you’d like to participate, follow me and just
leave a comment with your blog name! Thanks for visiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment