Thursday, September 6, 2018

Unexpected Love Card

Finished up a card today using Unity’s Unexpected kit. I’m definitely into fall colors and I had this vision of a olive/plum combo for this stamp. So, I began by stamping the image using Plum Archival ink onto watercolor paper. I then pulled out coordinating distress inks and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (see pic below). I sprayed the paper in spots starting with the lighter Red and then the green, drying in between.

I then stamped all the distressed inks out on my craft mat and began painting the image. After I was done, I dried the paper and then began adding white and gold paint pens marks on the flower. I also used a fuschia pen in spots. After the image was dried I stamped and embossed the sentiment using Colorbox gold ink and Ranger gold embossing powder. I took an olive green pen and shadowed the letters. I then added white and gold spatter.

I finished the card up by framing the image with gold patterned paper, adding red and green background papers, and adding gold thread and crystal dots. Pretty shiny card closeup! Hope you like this one!

I am participating in #papercraftersfollowloop wherein I will reciprocate following blogs both to support fellow crafters and to gain inspiration for my own art. Feel free to follow either by email or (after I set this up today) the normal follow button and I will do the same (leave your blog name please in a comment)! Thanks for visiting today!



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the plum and olive with gold accents!! Your creations always inspire me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. I love those Tattered sprays too. Thanks for inspiring me to create. Lovely card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, thank you! I do, too, the Glimmer mists always give a cool effect and some shimmer!

      Delete