Saturday, September 22, 2018

New Baby Card

Created a quick card today in preparation for a new addition to our family. Used stamps from Unity’s Sweet Dreams and Right Words kits, a Baby Mine pattern paper pad, a cloud embossing folder and a sun ray stencil.

I first stamped a few Distress inks and a Chalk ink on my craft mat spritzed with water and dipped my paper lightly into it. I then stamped the moon using archival ink and the blue chalk ink. I painted the image with yellow and blues. I then used the stencil and added yellow distress rays. After drying everything, I used the embossing folder and some sponges to loosely add clouds. I then stamped the sentiment and embossed it with a mix of blue and green embossing powders to get the right color. I inked the edges. I added some matching vellum stars and trimmed the paper.

To create the card, I added patterned paper as the base, added lace trim to the top and bottom of the watercolor paper, added foam to raise the image, and finally, added sequins. I love how soft this card turned out and hope the happy parents-to-be do too! Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment