Monday, September 24, 2018

Touching up a Potential Card Fail

Not sure what I was thinking when I loosely painted up this image awhile ago, and then, took a pen to it for scribbled detail. Looks like I had used 2 sprays on the background. In looking at it again today, I decided I kind of enjoyed the looseness of the whole thing. So, how to make it into a card?

In cleaning up my work area, I also found a made up card base (complete with patterned paper on it) that I had never finished into a card. I decided I could pair it with the painted rose image (from Unity’s Sept. 2018 SMAK kit). I used a circle die cut on the image card and then looked to see what sentiment would fit this card. I found what I thought would be a perfect match in Unity’s Loving Today frame and sentiment kit. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and pulled some distress inks I thought would be a match. I again painted it loosely and even used a pen again to match the style of the image. I also used a pen to create a circle on the image as well.

I kept the card simple in design and just backed the image and sentiment with a red paper that I inked with vintage Photo around the edges. I added enamel dots and called the card done. Not my best effort, but I think I saved this one. Hope you do to! Will be posting another almost fail today, so stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Joyce what you did with that pen is absolute perfection! I love it so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bobbie Sue! Feel a little guilty....like I’m violating the artist behind the stamp. But I think this effect looks cool!

      Delete