Friday, September 21, 2018

Experimental Christmas Tag

Created another messy tag (need to order some of these) using a freebie Unity tag and their Happy Holiday kit. I used a lot of products again (see pic) after applying and drying a white gesso onto the tag.



I applied the Ranger acrylics in a cross hatch pattern. I then used the Art Anthology stain to apply drips. I sprayed Snow Drift (white) to lighten the drips in spots. I then used the Versaclair ink to stamp the star strip with clear embossing powder. I glued a silver/gold mesh in spots on the sides. I stamped the happy holidays 4 times using the same ink but alternating silver and clear embossing powders. I took Brea Rease Blue paste and applied some strips (after it dried I layered a silver paste on top of those strips to lighten them. I then took silver paste and added circle stencil marks simulating balls. To finish the tag, I darkened the areas with the mesh by dripping the stain over those areas. I also sprayed the white again to lighten areas too dark. I used pens to draw circles around the stencil marks and lines simulating string. I also traced the stars with a pen and added light silver mesh marks over some of the darker areas. I diecut a bubble stencil with matching paper and glued pieces in spots.



Finally, knowing I made a messy tag, decided to stop and add coordinating ribbons (even pieced some on the tag). Some things learned - this tag is way too busy (I like it but I know what’s in it); a little too dark; the Versaclair worked mostly, but there is some product in there it didn’t cover well; I should have dried it more often as when I embossed the words, the background also got embossed (which I ended up liking, but it was a happy coincidence); and finally, I did use my Misti, which helped (although the tag slipped sometimes as I didn’t affix the magnets ...shoot me now ;) )! If I didn’t add the strips, I think it could have been simpler and cleaner and potentially I could have used other stamps.

Anyways, enough on this messy tag attempt. I will try this again, perhaps on a card, or just another tag! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments: