Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fairy Card

I picked up the 11/14 KOTM and decided I needed to make a card for my wonderful sister-in-heart, sister-in-law, who’s a huge fan of fairies! I pulled out my watercolor paper, Distress inks, Glimmer mist, Perfect Pearls (white), Gansai Tambo watercolors, Posca pens (silver, white and black) and some stencils.

I started by spraying the paper with white Glimmer mist. I then layed down Distress colors, one at a time on my craft mat, spritzing with water, and dipping the paper in, drying between times. I then took one of the stencils and spread the dark cool greens on the stencil, spritzed with a tiny bit of water and reverse stamped the stencil on the paper. I then took another stencil and added a lavender doorway. I then stamped some leaves from the 4/17 SMAK kit. Finally, I sprayed a green Glimmer mist around the edges.

I then stamped the fairie onto another watercolor paper using my Misti, leaving the stamp in place so I could re-stamp when done painting. Used a variety of watercolor products painting the stamp. The wings and hair are simmery and vary in the light which you can see from the 2 different pics below. Once done I restamped her with black archival ink and fussy cut her out. I also stamped the image on the watercolor paper above. I painted the lines from her wand.

A wonderful fellow crafter, Bobbie Sue McConathy, gave me some patterned paper, knowing my obsession with them. Looking through the stack, I found some great matches for a background and started piecing the card together. I found a good patterned paper for the sentiment, used a purple ink to emboss it and tinted the edges. I used crystal dots and sticky binder ribbon to embellish the card. Hope my SIL likes it!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment