Tuesday, August 21, 2018

2nd Set of August 2018 Unity ATC’s

Like the first set, I finished these early as well. I didn’t plan it this way but they went in completely opposite style directions. I first decided I wanted to use the woman from the love. just love. regardless kit from Unity and I wanted a black background. I pulled a black and white scrapbook paper out and cut it into ATC size cards. I then took the image and one of the sentiments and stamped and embossed them on plain white cardstock using my Misti and using black Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder. I fussy cut everything. I then took some red patterned paper and made a background for the sentiment. I used a Zig watercolor pen on the image. I pulled everything together, added sequins and, using black and red pens, a border.



My favorite ATC this month is the last one. I LOVE this Unity stamp, Anastasia (believes), by Donna Downey. I was intrigued by this stamp and wondered how it’d turn out on a very small ATC, and was delightfully surprised! Clearly, I am only capturing a small portion of the image, but still... stunning! She is 4.25” x 7”. I used the “unique” stamp from the, a love Beyond Measure, kit. Good thing, as every ATC did, indeed, turn out unique. I started by coating the stamp with Stormy Sky Oxide ink. I then placed the precut watercolor paper ATC base onto the stamp to capture the face and part of the head. I decided to add the background stamp, Circa Journal, using Tattered Rose. I then used my Misti to add the sentiment using Rich Cocoa Memento ink. I pulled out Prismacolor pencils in dark blue, browns, gold and pale rose. I used the navy as the shadow color in the hair and on the glasses. I quickly added color using broad sketchy strokes. I used a white Posca pen to highlight the eyes and a touch on the glasses. I then added 2 different Washi tapes to two corners. I then took a wood grain embossing folder and added texture to the ATC. I then rubbed Tattered Rose Oxide over the texture to add more color. I added Stormy Sky color along the edges and then rubbed the edge on the brown ink pad and called it done. Each ATC turned out differently as some were stamped on the right side of the face, other’s I colored over the ear, facial contours and eyes differed and some had blonder hair color. Had fun creating these ATC’s.

Well, enough for now! Till next time, happy crafting!



4 comments:

  1. You’re coloring on her is impeccable! She looks amazing! I’m blown away by the talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie Sue, thank you very much! This harkens back to art classes in school and my attempts at portraits and self portraits. Used to love trying to draw eyes.

      Delete
  2. 2 amazing ATC's! just stunning!

    ReplyDelete