Thursday, July 26, 2018

Focus on the Good Card

Veered off my plan to continue with my pencils, as I was distracted by the new TCW stencils I just got and a new very pretty Prima Santorini paper pad. The colors in this pad are very summery and not my usual. I looked through my stash of unused Unity kits and happened on the Let it Go and Focus stamp set. I decided on a collage style card matching with the paper’s style.

To begin, I pulled a Canson Bristol paper and grabbed a pink, a blue and a yellow Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I wanted to match the paper in the pad so I spritzed the pink, added blue in 2 of the corners and dried the sheet I had cut down. I then spritzed all over the yellow to warm the colors a little. I dried the papers and the stamped the flower in both bright pink and a thistle shade (in the shadow parts), both archival inks. I then used black archival ink on the sentiment and embossed that.

To add color to the flower, I used both Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Oxide inks. I also used a touch of pink Brea Reese ink to add glitter. I then used the script stamp using Broken China. I also grabbed a background stamp from the 11/17 SMAK kit using Coffee archival ink. I used the same ink to stamp Let it Go all over. I then pulled out a couple pastes, a white Heidi Swapp and a blue Nuvo paste. I used them with my new stencils to add some interest and dried the images (makes them puff up a little).

I then turned to the card and used the original inspiration paper as the base, distressing the paper first. I then used the paper scraps (the opposite side of the paper) to add interest, tearing and distressing bits. I also used the Hugs kit to stamp Hug and Smile in coordinating colors. I colored a doily fragment to match and added that. To complete the card, I added fancy trim to the watercolor paper and added vintage brown to the edges. The card is pretty glimmery and glittery so I didn’t bother with any other embellishments. 

I like how this card turned out and hope you do too! Happy crafting till next time! 









No comments:

Post a Comment