Thursday, July 26, 2018

French Kiss Life Card

Decided to enter into Unity’s Black and White Floral Challenge. I barely qualify as there is only the floral stamp on the right side that I included at the last minute. I must admit, I didn’t even notice the “floral” part, but as luck, would have it there is a rose on the card! Phew!

Anyway, again, wanting to use some new TCW stencils and a new Tim Holtz embossing folder, I picked up discounted, I decided to create a Paris themed card. A little over a year ago, I visited Paris so it seemed appropriately timed! I first took white paper, sprayed it with water and folder embossed it with a French script folder. I then took the black ink and ran it over the raised areas.

I pulled the girl from Unity’s 12/16 SMAK kit and stamped her on an Authentique patterned paper in black ink. I then took some white gesso and lightened the right side of her to make her stand out more. I also used a Posca white pen to add highlights to her face, jewelry and clothes. I took a black acrylic paint and the stencil and added Paris and some script to the right side. I then pulled Unity’s Straight Laced kit and added a black lace impression on the left side. I finally stamped the floral label from Unity’s French Kiss Life kit.

I created some small ephemera pieces from other vendor kits that I thought would match. I then took black paper and embossed the sentiment from the label kit and diecut it. I had picked up the scrolling crystals at a half priced sale and really didn’t know when I’d ever use them. Seeing them, I thought this might be the closest I’d get to creating a card they’d work with. I also added black lace, black/white string and backed the patterned sheets I created with black paper.

Well, that’s all for today! Till next time - happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment