Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Life is Damn Good Card

Picked up this Unity Angie girl and sentiment in a swap. They’re both from Unity’s May 2016 KOTM. Was feeling very lucky today, having had a good life and reflecting back on some highlights! Don’t think I do this enough, how about you? Really felt the sentiment today!

Anyway, seems I’ve been very focused lately on watercolors and an eclectic style (a very kind lady called my crazy stuff this term, recently). So, I turned to my Prismacolor pencils and this, new to me, stamp set. I stamped the girl using a combo of red and brown inks on Bristol paper (which worked nicely for pencils). I pulled out an Authentique paper pad wanting to move into warmer bright colors (I tend to focus more on cooler and/or duller colors.) So I picked the brightest paper and used that as a guide to color the girl. Stamped the sentiment on paper from the pack, die cut it and added some shading.

To pull the card together, I ended up using a corner punch, a few dies to create hearts, and some crystal dots. Hope you enjoy the card, and, remember to take a moment to reflect on all the good things in your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment