Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Reveal Card and Acronyms

Wow, finally finished up making 30 ATCs (3 designs) using some new techniques I’m excited to talk about in the near future using a little mixed media and alcohol inks (need to send them out first). In the meantime, I still have 10 more to go, but I made this quick and easy card using Unity’s Huge Possibilities stamp kit and ferns from Unity’s 8/16 KOTM. But, before I start, I promised to do a sidebar on acronyms...so, here goes...

ATC - Artist Trading Card. A 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” sized paper that you created a design on, you number, name and sign the back, and you send out to a swap group. I belong to 2 groups and I create 2 designs for each group and I make 10 copies of each design (each group has 10 people in it). So each person has 20 new cards a month - 18 cards in the mail from their trading group plus their own 2. Just like baseball cards I put mine in a notebook using clear plastic holders (I used mixed media to decorate my notebook and have included pics in an earlier blog post).

Unity - Unity Stamp Co., a red rubber, cooked to order stamp store.

KOTM - Unity has several monthly subscriptions that you can sign up for. The KOTM or Kit of the Month is an 8 1/2 x 11” sheet of stamps, images and sentiments that you receive monthly. If you are a KOTM member like all the other subscriptions, you can buy past KOTM kits at discounted prices. I like the variety you get in these kits.

SMAK - Another monthly kit, the SMAK kit or Scrapbooking, Mixed Media and Art Journal Kit, is the same size but has more abstract images and background stamps. I switched over to the kit recently as I like background stamps and the vintage woman/vibe found in these kits.

LOL - Another smaller, cheaper kit similar to SMAK in nature, LOL or Layers of Life is another subscription kit.

UU - A smaller version of KOTM, UU or Uniquely Unity, usually has only 1 image and sentiment.

Let me know if there are other acronyms of interest!

Meanwhile, while busy with ATC’s, I’ve also taken my dil (daughter in law) shopping for baby things and maternity clothes. My son and dil plan on having a reveal party this Friday (I’m just dying to know). So, halfway through this creating this card, I decided to give this to them on Friday!

I recently picked up a cute washi tape kit at Micheals 50% off and thought it would match this stamp great! So, using these as a basis for colors, I pulled some Prima paper with mulberry pink and gray  colors and pulled distress inks out to match. I used my Misti stamping platform to stamp the image on watercolor paper using a gray archival ink. I then stamped the small fern several times using the distress inks and sprayed water on them to blend colors a little. I also sprayed some Tattered Angels light and medium Glimmer mists around the sides of the paper. After watercoloring the image, I spattered some ink around and stamped the sentiment in black ink at the top.

To put the card together, I pulled a dark gray paper out to back the image and added strips of washi tape to it. I added some strips of the other washi tape to the image. I wrapped the base paper with pink and blue ribbon, and after mounting the image I added blue and pink enamel dots to the image. Since I am not sure if there are such a thing as gender reveal cards, I figured, this may serve as a good  card for this purpose...ESPECIALLY, since Dumbo will be theme for the baby room! Hope you and my son and dil enjoy this card! Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment