Friday, June 1, 2018

Strawberry Card

I changed things up today, after playing a little with alcohol inks (will try to use the paper for my next set of ATC’s), I decided I needed to go full summer (warm outside today)! Pulled out the Unity Strawberry Greetings stamp. I also added a stamp from some Unity KOTM, not sure which one. I also pulled out a couple paper pads that had strawberry paper on it. Actually, both had mint colors in them. So,...

I started by putting my watercolor paper in my Misti and began by using archival inks on the words, postal stamps and the leaves. I cleaned that off and grabbed 3 different reds, 2 distress and 1 pink archival ink and stamped the berry. I then used my paint brush to blend a little. I then pulled out Evergreen Bough Oxide and added color around the berry. I also used Fosilized Amber on the postal stamps and added yellow Brea Reese ink. I then spattered the mint and the Brea Reese yellow...which turned out nice as there are now streaks of Glimmer. I then pulled out a white and black pen and textured the berry pits! I die cut, distressed the edges, and backed it with berry paper.

I printed the Sweet word using a red dye ink on more paper from the pack, die-cut it using a Sizzix die and used the oxide on the edges. I then pulled a basket weave paper, cut that and a strip of berry paper and pulled everything together. I added the plaid paper to the white cardstock, wrapped the berry image with twine, affixed the sentiment and added sequins. I think this card is very summery and hopefully turned out well! Have a wonderful weekend!





2 comments:

  1. I love your very imaginative cards. Great style! I really like that you tell how you made them. One little thing could help me tho, it's if I knew what your acronyms stood for. Maybe sometime you could make a list for those of us who don't know.Look forward to your daily posts. Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you for the great feedback! Great idea, I will create an Acronym post next! Glad the explanations are useful.

      Delete