Thursday, June 7, 2018

I’m Pretty Sure Card

Today, I decided to try my hand at Unity’s LOL Kit, I’m Pretty Sure from 4/18. This was a total experiment to see if I could use other mediums to create a card. I began by taking a watercolor paper and spraying the left side and all the hedges with a blue Tattered Angels Glimmer mist, making sure of good coverage (I had t tried this color yet). I dried it and then sprayed the inside with a cool rose gold colored Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in the right center part and then a little to the left...about where the flower would be stamped. I carefully dried this ensuring that the drops didn’t migrate out to the end of the paper as the paper curled due to being wet.

Once dried, I took a pink Brea Reese Glitter Ink and painted the flower Center to lighten it a bit. I then found my very bright orange (with black specks) embossing powder, that I picked up in a Love From Lizi card kit from Halloween. I stamped and embossed the image with Versamark ink twice. I knew I needed a very bright embossing color to show up in the darkened background. I then embossed the sentiment with black archival ink and clear embossing powder.

To make the image stand out more, I used blue and red Brea Reese inks around the image and purple within the shadows inside the image. I used the brush to extend the ink out in. I then took my Posca pen to detail the image, create rays out from it and to highlight the words.

Once completed, I had to find a background. I tried various options out. It so happens, I played with alcohol inks this past weekend and had a sheet left over that seemed to complement the image. I’ll be detailing how I created it in a future post. I decided to add a little offsetting interest with the use of washi tape and tried to place it behind the sentiment. I then added sequins and called the card done.

My anniversary is coming up and I think this will make a great card for my husband...something a little different, extremely sparkly, and with a very cute sentiment, harking back to when we met 34 years ago! Till next time, happy crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment