Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Rebel in Me Card

Unity’s Show and Tell has a Watercolor Challenge going on now, and I love watercoloring. So, I finally stamped the huge flower from Unity’s You are Important kit using Plum archival ink on to Canson Montval watercolor paper. I then stamped the small flower background stamp from the Unity SMAK kit from 12/16 using Olive Archival ink. I also used the dots from the 12/15 SMAK kit to extend the dots top and bottom.

I mixed cool and warm reds, and light and dark versions of both and added several layers, drying in between. I originally added a cool soft pink to the background and decided I wanted a green one. So, I mixed a green and added several layers. Once I was done fussing with the flower, I pulled out my Inktense watercolor pencil and used bark to add shadows to the petals. I then used a green to darken the area around the flower. I added red paint to dots and then used black and white Posca pens to add highlights and lowlights to the dots. I also used the black pen on the center of the flower.

To finish up, I stamped the sentiment, fussy cut it, blackened the edges and add espresso Distress ink to the edges. I also blackened the edges of the watercolor paper. Found matching paper in a Farmhouse paper pack and used that as the base layer. I added black twine, and red sequins with a pearl topper and called the card done.

This is a beautiful flower from Donna Downey and was fun to paint! This kit also has some great sentiments so it’s a good buy! Well, enough for today! Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poppy they are me favorite flower

    ReplyDelete