Thursday, June 21, 2018

Every Single Day Card

Today I turned to the new Unity sentiment kit called “... every single day” that I just received. I also pulled out my Cottage Life paper from 49 Market. I decided to coordinate colors for this one.

I started by pulling a scrap watercolor paper and using black archival ink to stamp the flowers and then die cut the paper. I then started mixing my tube watercolors into light and dark purples and purple/blue colors. I also mixed a green I thought would match. I use a scrap watercolor paper to test out colors. I then started painting the flowers and leaves. Once I was done, I used a Hero Arts crackle stencil to add greens into the background. I also added color around the middle flower. Since I decided to add color at the end, I pulled my violet Brea Reese ink out and mixed it with one of the purples and colored the ends. I then filled the white space in between with a very faint green.

I went over the stitched edges with a gold pen and added gold to the flower centers. I also used my white paint pen on the leaves and flowers to give highlights.

I stamped the sentiment on regular cardstock and added green butterflies from the the 9/17 KOTM. I stamped a few more of those for embellishments using the violet archival ink that I stamped the sentiment with. I added gold pen highlights to both sets of butterflies. Because the cardstock was a little lighter than I wanted I colored the edges and used a taupe ink with a dots stamp to tone down the white.

I used the patterned paper as the background, used the opposite checked side to back the image and sentiment and added gold twine and purple crystals to complete the card. The card turned out okay and I got my purple fix in! Have a great rest of the day!




2 comments:

  1. Your talent does not go unnoticed. This card is absolutely gorgeous! You put so much thought or work into your layouts and they always turn out amazing. It's funny how I just stamped some flowers and started to watercolor them last night and guess what color? Purple LOL!!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, thank you for your comments. I think I’m a frustrated artist at heart. If I could paint well, I’d do paintings! Instead, I get my artsy fix out of creating cards, improving skills and trying new things! And purple?- sometimes, you just need a purple day!

      Delete