Monday, June 11, 2018

Embrace the Mess Card

UPDATE: added sequins, prills and a little more coloring!


Original post:
Returning to card making today! I had created a card base using the patterned paper and circle ribbon, intending to use it elsewhere, but alas the colors were off! So today, not wanting to waste it, I turned to my Unity stamps to see what would complement the paper. I found The Windswept Petals Kit and an ink that turned into the perfect match, Colorbox’s Red Pearl, that I used for both the image and sentiment. I used a sentiment from Unity’s You Are Imporant Kit. I had picked up the 12x12 American Craft Sundrifter pad for $3 at a Tuesday Morning Shop (great for picking up discounted/discontinued craft items).

To begin, I used my Misti to stamp the image several times on heavy cream color paper. I turned to my Prismacolor pencils to shade the flowers. Since Colorbox is a juicy ink, I had to lay paper over the image as it had started to smear a little. I stamped the sentiment and used a die cut on it. Once done, I kept the card simple by using a wood grain behind the image and sentiment and rounded the corners of both. I added 2 brads and called the card done.

Obviously, a very simple card, but I love this Donna Downey image and I think it flows nicely with the paper. I guess I could add beads to the flower centers if you think I should...I’ll let you decide...comment if I need to do that! Happy Monday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment