Tuesday, June 12, 2018

All Cylinders Card

Needed to get started on a Father’s Day card. I pulled out Unity’s All Cylinders Kit and a watercolor paper. Deciding I wanted to try to create a scene, I pulled a tree stamp out of the 9/17 KOTM. I started by spraying the top area with blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and along the bottom with a green one. I then stamped the tree using archival inks, green for the leaves and brown for the wood. It then took to my watercolors and started filling in ground areas and the tree. I also used my Kuretake Gansai paints. I then stamped the car on a separate watercolor paper and painted that. Once done, I fussy cut the car and decided where I would re-stamp it on the scene to make sure the bottom of the tree didn’t peak though. I then attached it to the paper raised with foam tape.

I now had a choice to either cut off the end of the paper or leave it as is. Since it’s a masculine card, with a vintage car, I decided to leave the spiral remnants for interest. I had painted a few flowers in red and decided to add a few other elements of red, with the stars and a reddened doily (by way of Abandoned Coral Distress ink).

I found a teal paper I thought would complement the image and added Evergreen Bough and Hickory Smoke inks to the edge to tie back to the paper. I found a non Unity stamp to add to the image. I then pulled everything together with a soft gray Kraft paper to match to the car (my husband’s car is dark gray...but I decided to cheat with a lighter color.). I added twine and silver enamel dots to finish the card.

It was very hot today and my energy was pretty sapped, so I hope this turned out okay. I’ll try another card tomorrow (with air conditioning on!)! Happy crafting till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment