Saturday, June 16, 2018

Amazing Day Card

Had some time today to get back to my new Unity June 2018 SMAK kit. I love this vintage grass stamp and wanted to see what I could do with it. I pretty much used oxide inks today, specifically, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen. I threw in a little dark brown from my Kuretake Gansai paint set. I also used white and black Posca paint pens.

I started by stamping the grass image on my Spectrum Noir Aqua paper using a variety of archival inks - brown on the rulers, green on the stems, and plum on the plumes. I then took out my Itty Bitty Background kit and used the wood grain lightly on the ruler using Antique Linen. I then just added colors and lines. I added more Aged Mahogany to the plumes. I took one of the background stamps from the kit and stamped it one the left side using Antique Linen . I then added Aged Mahogany to both sides. I then stamped a sentiment in brown from the Let Your Wishes Fly Kit and tried embossing with a partial fail...the paper may still have been a little wet. (I ended up using a Spectrum Noir glitter pen on the letter to make the words shine a little.) I then took a spotted background stamp from the December 2015 SMAK kit and went over the image using Aged Mahogany.

After this, I took my pens and added more grasses and some highlights and lowlights. I then added shadows to the plumes. Once dried, I used a postage die on the image and backed it with Kraft paper. I stamped a lace like stamp from the December 2016 SMAK kit on some pink patterned paper, added paint and fussy cut it. I cut a slice of a doily and added Aged Mahogany ink. I added both of these to the image. I took some Prima paper and used that as a foundation, which I added some color to. I then used fringe, twine, beads and metal pieces to decorate the card

Well, got my fix in today and loved the stamp! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment