Friday, June 15, 2018

Father’s Day Card 2018

Created another card for my husband after having received my Unity June 2018 SMAK kit (just in time)! Decided to make a vintage collage card, as the guy in the kit is young so he doesn’t really represent my hubby, but he’s male and I felt I could add other relevant elements, including other stamps in the kit! I decided to use an interesting Recollections paper pad called Seaglass with a focus on a glittery grayish/purplish stripe paper. My tall husband, with his salt and pepper hair color, his blue eyes and coloring, looks great in lavender shirts, so I felt this was pefect for him. I used black archival ink and colored oxides on this card.

I had to trash my first attempt at coloring the guy on patterned paper...as again, he doesn’t really look like my hubby. Instead, I stamped the image on watercolor paper die cut into a tag form, and also added the words, My guy, from the kit and used a pen to outline the words. It seemed better to leave him uncolored and add background stamps around him. So other than adding gray to his hair, taupe to his clothes, glasses and a little more facial contouring, I left him alone. I then used background stamps to pull in other colors to match the papers I had selected. I added color to the edges and to the stripes and washi tape to the bottom.

I then took a map sheet from the pad and stamped another sentiment and die cut that. I stamped the screws background stamp on another paper and added washi tape to the side. I started to build the card, using the striped paper and another sheet to fill the A7 card. I added a black doily and the tag. I then attached the screws paper and large sentiment. I used some purplish ephemera paper to stamp out some tags with Unity hugs and kisses stamps I recently picked up in a swap. I die cut some forms to add as embellishments to each side. Because I don’t own a Happy Father’s Day sentiment from Unity, I used a Brutus Monroe kit that had a train and sentiment I could use. I again added coordinating color to this image and backed and attached it.

To complete the card, I added more Washi tape to the bottom, a lavender ribbon, a pewter colored metal piece and sequins and enamel dots. Okay, so it’s again, over the top, but I like interesting collages. So, I’m happy with the card. What can I say...but, it’s unique! Have a great rest of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment