Thursday, May 31, 2018

Whispers of the Soul Card

Created another card today using Unity’s 12/17 SMAK kit. I’d tried this flower a couple times before with no luck. I decided I couldn’t move onto more creative endeavors till I made a card with this one. I also decided to try to pair it with a discounted paper pad I picked up that has a vintage, and summertime, feel to it - Crate Paper’s Pretty Party.

I started by stamping the image in archival black. I used another gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the outside edges. I then mixed orange and green watercolors and began painting the image. Once done, I darkened the edges and die cut the paper into a tag format. I added 2 coordinating pieces of washi tape at the top.

I stamped the sentiment on a paper from the pad and die cut that also into a tag. I have these scalloped cards that I want to use up and pieced 3 papers from the pad onto it. I decided to use a doily that I received as a freebie from Unity and, after darkening the edges of it, glued it in the middle. I had already decided I wanted to join the image and sentiment with a brad and found a match. I layered that on top of the doily and added enamel and crystal dots. I also decided I needed a few more embellishments, so I added a flower button and copper leaf.

Okay, I’m done for the day...time to walk my hairy little pups. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment