Thursday, May 31, 2018

Moments Between Moments Card

Today I decided to used this flower vase as I caught sight of a stray scrap of scrap paper with the curate girl on it and I thought I could pair them up. I picked up the flower vase and sentiment from the Unity Swap site, a good source for used and/or new stamps that need a new home (waste not, I say)! The stamps were from UNITY’s 9/16 KOTM. I also used the Vintage ledger stamp.

To begin, I sprayed the sides of watercolor paper with 2 Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (I recently snagged another set of 5 of these at Tuesday AM for only $10!); a light and dark peach which matched the scrap paper perfectly! I dried the paper and then mixed a yellow and reddish/brown paint. I stamped the image with my Misti in Watercan Archival paint, and started painting, periodically drying between applying colors. I added some green to the leaves, did some touch up and used a back pen to darken some areas. I decided to use Peeled Paint Distress ink to stamp the ledger to match the paper more closely. I removed with a wet brush any lines impacting the image and called it done.

I used Kraft cardstock as the base and layered on a dingy pink scrap and the patterned paper scrap after cutting to size. I attacked pink fabric ribbon (with a sticky back) on the plain side. I wrapped a fancy ribbon on the bottom of the image and attached it to the card. I finished up by adding enamel dots and a slightly cut down butterfly. I really like how this one turned out and hope you do too! Now, on to the next card..., but before I go, here’s the pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment