Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Loved This Day Card

This card will actually be an anniversary card for my husband (now that I see it completed)! It is soooo sparkly and layered, oh my! I used a lot of products on this one, feeling I needed to spruce up the stamp a little. The flower stamp and sentiment are part of Unity’s 9/15 SMAK kit...a great kit by the way (other cards I made using this kit are in this blog)! I used another sentiment from the kit as background writing. I also used the dotted background stamps from the current Unity 5/18 SMAK kit and a long skinny floral stamp from the 12/16 SMAK kit. I used a TCW stencil to add some numbers and other graphics to add white and texture.

To start, I pulled a special handmade thick textured watercolor paper I received from Simon Says. I spritzed the paper with a new Pink Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist I just picked up and then dried the paper. I then used my Misti to stamp the flower with archival ink, recording where I placed the paper and just cleaning and leaving the stamp in place so I could restamp once I finished coloring the flower. I started coloring the flower with metallic paints, but they were too light. So, I moved on to my Brea Reese Glitter inks. Since I have a limited selection, I just mix colors to get darker tones. I did add Peeled Paint to the leaves to darken them. I didn’t have a color scheme in mind except to support the new Tattered Angels background color. I restamped the flower to bring out the black.

Next, I added a background to the flower using the stamps I listed above in Black Soot Oxide and Candied Apple Distress inks. I also took out an opaque texture paste and added some white objects. Finally, I painted around the flowers to make them pop a little and inked the edges of the paper and added Posca drops.

I used a variety of papers, including a freebie I received from Unity. On one of the papers I stamped the floral using my new Delicata Rose Gold ink (and it is beautifully shimmery - just gorgeous! Had to try it of course!). I also had to use my new Prima washi tape that matched perfectly! Lots of layers on this one! I stamped the sentiment using a dark archival ink and the Candied Apple ink (to lighten the color a little).  I backed it with the paper scraps.

To finish the card, I added a sparkly rose gold net ribbon and rose gold dots. I wasn’t sure I was going to like this card, as it is a mishmash of things. But, I think it turned out okay in the end. If nothing else, it let me play with new and different products! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment