Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Beach Girl Card

After mailing off 18 ATCs this afternoon, I needed a painting fix! My neighbor has been redoing their pool, the weather has been lovely and I’ve been pondering a ride on the coastline. All getting me in the mood for a water fix! So, the next best thing, for today, was to try to create an ocean view! This card was created using Unity’s Beach Girl, Layers of Life JoJa kit, and Inspired Minds kit and the Art Anthology Take Flight stencil. I also wanted to use a Bo Bunny Teal Dotted paper I thought would serve as the color goal and the clothes on the beach girl.

To begin, I took watercolor paper and placed it in my Misti. I then took the curlicue (or flourish) stamp and inked the top curves and stamped several time in a couple spots. I did this several times using different distress and oxide inks...in Mermaid Lagoon, Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers. I then used those same colors and a wet brush to carry the colors down. I dried that and then found a great ink splotch that makes the best spray if turned on it’s side in the Inspired Minds kit. I inked that up with a mixture of colors including Chipped Sapphire to get a darker effect.

To create the stones, I used Hickory Smoke and Walnut Stain inks and 1 of the lines from the kit. I also colored in with some gathered twigs.

To create the background and sea level I painted a line using the blues and added yellow toward the center. For the sky, I carried the yellow up the sheet with the darkest color at sea level. I also spayed some Tattered Angel yellow again mostly at the sea level. I also added the birds using hickory smoke and a makeup sponge and white Posca drops.

I stamped the girl on other paper and the Bo Bunny paper. I colored her in with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut out her patterned paper clothing and added it to the sheet. I then fussy cut her out. I found a wood patterned paper and stamped the sentiment on that and added borders and pencil colors to the wood to distress it and cut it out.

It was easy to finally pull the card together with sequins and some crystal dots. This was my first attempt at creating an ocean scene and I’m rather pleased with how it turned out, given the non-water based stamps I used! Anywho, hope you enjoyed this card! Happy crafting till next time!




6 comments: