Saturday, May 26, 2018

Grunge Flower Card

Received Unity’s December 2015 SMAK kit in the mail today, and felt the need to color this flower. I had some ephemera lying around I decided to use as the color inspiration, with the hope to combine into the card. Used my tube watercolors today on the image and background, and hickory smoke, peeled paint, spiced marmalade and vintage photo oxide and distress inks with the Tim Holtz stencil.

I started by stamping the image with Watercan Archival ink. I mixed my starting colors and painted around the image first. After drying the background, I began coloring the flower, drying between the different hues applied. Once I was happy, I used the stencil to fill in the background and then applied hickory smoke on the edges and vintage photo inks. I made sure to keep the top left light colored. I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment from another SMAK kit, first in the spiced Marmalade and then, offset, with the Watercan inks.

I pieced the paper onto the base, added ephemera, and distressed the edges. I backed the image with both gray and brown paper. Finally, I added fancy ribbon at the bottom and enamel dots.

First time in a while that I haven’t used shiny inks or mists. Although, I do appear to be on a flower kick. I’ll think I need to change that up next card! Well, till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment