Friday, May 25, 2018

Too much of a Good Thing Card

Ever be in the process of going to bed and just wanted to stamp something? Well, an hour and a half later, at 11, I had almost completed this mishmash card. I used Unity’s much of a good thing kit - love the flower in this one and the 9/15 SMAK kit for the leaves. Also, pulled in a TCW stencil and a Bo Bunny paste I picked up cheap. I used the paper in the pic below for the color inspiration.

I began by stamping the flower, with my Misti using archival inks, in pink, and the stem in coffee. I mixed my paint and began coloring the flower and the stem. Kept adding colors to enrich the flower. I then decided to add leaves and stamped portions of the leaves in the bottom using peeled paint distress ink. I blended the green color of the leaves out. I then started added diluted color to the background. I ended up spraying a darker pink at the top, using a pink Glimmer Mist and adding splatters of paint.

At this point, I decided to add the sentiment. Once done, I wanted to add a background stamp, but that would have been too busy. I happened to glance at this Bo Bunny gold paste and pulled out a stencil. I quickly added a corner embellishment and a mesh design. Since it was getting late, I was a little sloppy, but the lighter color, thank goodness, is forgiving! I tried using the gold paste with water on the flower and then used a little glimmer pen, so the flower is sparkly in spots.

At this point, I wanted to deepen the flower outlines and generously used a black pen on the images. I also spotted a wooden butterfly to add as an embellishment. I colored the butterfly with a gold chalk writer and then used a combo of mediums to add color and dimension. I wanted the butterfly to blend in. At this point, I decided I needed to go to bed as I had no idea if I had created a mess or not.

This morning, liking the look, I pulled out my Derwent pencils and added color to the leaves, around the gold embellishments, and the edges and decided I was done messing around. I mounted the paper on Kraft cardstock and added crystals.

This card was definitely created organically! I just let it flow. I had fun trying out the gold paste, which was a trifle runny, but dried beautifully. Given, I was flying by the seat of my pants and put this together very quickly and haphazardly, I think it turned out okay! Hope you enjoyed the write up and it serves as inspiration to be artistic sometimes and not methodical in your endeavors! It is fun to just let go... happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment