Saturday, May 5, 2018

Feel the Fear Card

I’ve been meaning to stamp this stalk from Unity’s Feel the Fear kit for awhile. I’ve been concerned about whether I could bring it to life. I pulled a Market 49 paper out figuring it would make a nice setting for the stamp.

Pulling my Misti out, I stamped first the stems in Olive Green and Gathered Twigs, masking off the flowers. I then stamped the tops of the flowers with yellow archival ink and then an orange ink. Then I stamped the body with green and gathered twigs. I needed to darken the bases and add more color to the tops, so I used a variety of pencils and pens to give texture and color and topped off the very top with my Posca white pen.

Because I wanted more texture in the background, I used gathered twigs again with a background stamp from the 4/17 SMAK kit. I stamped the sentiment on another paper and inked the edges with gathered twigs again and used my finger to add a little orange.

To pull the card together, I added a rough ribbon, some ephemera from the paper, and crystal topped sequins. Again, this card has a more natural/mixed media feel. I personally like this style, but I’m probably in the minority.

Hope the flower looks okay! Take care and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. JoAnne, thank you😊! But I still have a lot to learn... I’ve only been making cards - coloring and stamping since October! I guess I’m using the blog as a learning tool for myself!

      Delete