Thursday, May 3, 2018

Beautiful Card

Wanted to have some fun making a background today. Used Unity’s 9/15 and 6/15 SMAK Kits for this card. I also used a Prima paper pad, Nature Garden as inspiration. I actually feel I got pretty close to recreating the colors in the sheet selected. I used a combination of gathered twigs, fired brick and iced spruce oxide and distress inks.  I also used a stencil at the top.

Once done picking up colors, drying and repeating the process, I took a black archival ink and stamped the sentiment. I then took Red Vermillion archival ink and stamped the flower. I stamped the leaves in olive and coffee archival inks. I then took the gathered twigs and stamped the background words all over. I used my Misti for all of these efforts.

Once the page was dry, I took out my Inktense watercolor pencils and added colors to the flower and the leaves. I also took orange oxide and the white Posco pen to lighten the leaves a little and added a little sparkle with yellow glitter ink. Once done I spattered white ink all over.

To complete the card, I backed the image with plain red paper, added a sequined ribbon at the bottom and the top and added red enamel dots.

Hope you like this card!




No comments:

Post a Comment