Monday, May 28, 2018

A Girl and her Adventures Card

Okay, I really should have been done exercising by now and instead I created this card....oh, the guilt! (Right...!? 🙄🤣) I had stamped out this girl from the 12/16 SMAK kit a week ago and hadn’t found the right ephemera and papers to use on her. With my recent purchase of A Girl and her Adventures kit from Unity (I love this kit), and a baggage ephemera piece I picked up, I found the inspiration I needed to use it. I also used a sentiment from the 6/17 SMAK kit, and the Eiffel Tower from the 12/12 KOTM kit.

I think I had stamped the girl using Vintage Photo on a pink sheet. I found a nice Prima paper that could be used for the tower. I stamped the Tower using Tattered Rose and Espresso on the edges (I didn’t want the Tower to overpower the girl, but to blend in. The base paper for the card came from a scrapbook set and has French words on it. I decided, because the color matched and I wanted a little variation to stamp the suitcase on it. I them used pencil to color in the flower centers.

I colored the girl using my Prismacolors and gel pens in a few places. I decided to frame her head with the flowered paper I got from another pad and added 2 different Prima Washi tape pieces. I also wrapped a fancy string around her. By the way, I gave her a French manicure 😊!

I used a few pieces of ephemera, including the luggage piece which I also added color to. I stamped the 2 sentiments I wanted, The first on the pink word paper and other on plain scrap paper, then die cut the first and fussy cut the other. I added coloring to the edges of both. I pulled the card together and added white pearls to match her jewelry, and voila, I was done! My coloring wasn’t the greatest on this one as my guilt was pushing me to rush to complete this one! But I’m still happy with the look of this one! Hope you like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment