Monday, April 16, 2018

Tea Time Toile Card

Made another easy card today using Unity’s Tea Time Toile stamp and a sentiment from the June 2017 KOTM. I also used Bitty Backgrounds and Time to Be Happy Again on the sentiment paper. This time I went vintage as the primary stamp is so vintage! The stamp reminds me of some painters, like Fragonard, Constable and the Pre-Rapaelites painters! I love it! I also used Prima’s Tales of You and Me paper for the background, the circle image and the sentiment paper.

I began by stamping the image and lightly adding color to it with watercolor and some pencil. I distressed the edges. I cut out the girl image from the paper pad and added a coordinating sheet behind it. I distressed the edges of the foundation sheet and under the tears added washi onto the card stock. I added some ephemera pieces in the corners, upper right and lower left, and fussy cut and added a white rose in the top left from the paper pad. 

I stamped the sentiment, added a border and some dots, and then fussy cut it out and added a brad. I pulled the card together and added flowers and string to the top left. I had colored a white flower by spraying it with Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist that I thought matched the paper. I also added some enamel dots to the card.

Not sure how it will be perceived but I really like the romantic vintage feel of the card with the children in it. And, you really can slow down and enjoy the simpler things in life with children! I have a grandbaby on the way, and I can’t wait for this special time to come! Well, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment