Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Flower Bling Card

Spent most of today cleaning up craft space! But I decided late this afternoon, I needed to reward myself watercoloring a new card image. I love this flower image from the April 2017 SMAK kit. When I saw it I knew I needed glitter and bling big time! I also wanted to use a deep pink dotted paper from Authentique.

To begin, I stamped the image using archival ink with my Misti onto watercolor paper. I then pulled out my Kuretake watercolors and selected the colors to use to watercolor the image. I painted the flowers and spattered some more color on the paper.  I dried the image and then added some Brea Reese Glitter ink and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to the paint that I used to color it originally and applied some of the now glittery paint in areas to the flowers. I sprinkled glitter onto the wet paper and then added glue in the flower centers and sprinkled some more glitter.

While that dried I stamped the sentiment from the same kit, fussy cut it out, spattered it with paint, added color to the edges and backed it with a black pattern paper. Once my image was dried I die cut it and added color to the edges.

I decided to randomly add a pink netting to the image and then added pink and gold-rimmed black ribbon. To pull the card together I backed the image with a black patterned oval paper. To pull the card together I added a bunch of black and gold enamel dots.

Hopefully, I did the image justice! Till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment