Thursday, April 5, 2018

Poppy Girl Card

UPDATE: woo hoo...this card was just posted on the Unity Stamp Company Facebook Page! YEAH!

After playing with Oxide inks and mists and working on ATC’s, I reverted back to Prismacolor pencils this afternoon. I also decided to use the WRMK Anthologies paper pad (that I picked up at Tuesday AM FOR $2.99!) that had circles and colors I really love. I just bought The Unity’s Bitty Background kit and wanted to see if I could carry the circle themes to the image paper. I used 3 Distress inks to printed small portions of circles then used Bundles Sage to carry a little green throughout the paper.

I used Unity’s Poppy Girl as the main image. I stamped it on both the prepped paper and another piece of of the same paper. The paper I used is actually a very light peach colored linen stationary (a relic of the past). I colored the second image pulling pencils somewhat randomly...no discipline today, testing them and then coloring the image trying to match to the background paper. I did use a brown pen to help with edges!I then fussy cut it out. I added some of the muddy blue to the stamped page in the white areas (was a little too green) and then adhered the colored image onto it. I die cut the image with an oval die and cut another oval to back it using a red paper from the pad.

I stamped the image onto another piece of paper from the pad, cut it and backed it with some of the same red paper. To finish the card i adhered the background circle paper, mounted the image and the sentiment and added enamel dots.

I like how this card turned out...love the colors! Till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment