Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Authentique Bicycle Card

Today, I challenged myself with a combo inspiration idea. I had a new Authentique paper pad that I hadn’t used yet and I grabbed a Montval watercolor paper that was blank. I used 2 yellow oxides to smoosh color onto it and then dried the paper. I then grabbed a blue Brea Reese Glitter ink and placed 3 dots on my craft mat, spritzed it with Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in White and a bit of water. I then lightly smooshed the paper in that blend in a few spots. I then cut that paper in half. The challenge is to make 2 very different cards using the pad and paper I created.

Taking one of the watercolor papers, I pulled out Unity’s I’d Go Anywhere stamp. Unity’s Show and tell FB group has a challenge going on that this stamp will help fulfill. I also pulled out a scrap paper. I had the idea I could make a sidewalk for the bike by using a Tim Holtz stencil. I tried that and stamped the bike on it and liked how it looked. So taking the paper I pulled out Vintage Photo Oxide ink and developed some lines fanned out from an imaginary edge. I then painted horizontally thin lines across those and pulled a little color down those lines. I then took a Darice brick embossing folder and used a Colorbox brown ink on it and “stamped” bricks in a few places. Again, I took some vintage photo and black soot oxides to fill in a few bricks.

I then stamped the bicycle using the same Colorbox brown ink. I made sure everything was dry before I got out my new Kuretake watercolors (that I’m still learning how to use). I watercolored the bike and used some black and brown ink to emphasize some lines. I also used a white gel pen. I used some orange and brown paint to help define the bricks some more. I went back to my mat and decided I wanted a darker sidewalk edge, so I used a bit of the Charvin pastel chalks for that purpose. I then spattered the white Posco pen over the image and some oxide paints. I used the Peacock ink to darken the edges which matched the paper I was going to use for the base. I took another yellow sheet from the pad and stamped a Unity sentiment I got in a grab bag, darkened the edges and applied spatter the same way.

To create the card I wrapped jute twine around the bike image applied foam tape to the back. I took a white card base and used blue paper and a strip of striped paper to make the card foundation. I added the blue paper to the back of the sentiment and mounted that on the watercolor paper and mounted everything on the card base. I took jute twine and added beads (picked up at Tuesday Morning) and wrapped it around the existing twine. To finish the card, I added sequins.

Hopefully, I remembered all the steps I used! Hope you like the card..it certainly looks rustic. Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment