Thursday, April 19, 2018

Poised and Pretty Card

i must be in a romantic mood again! Made another vintage card today using Unity’s Poised and Pretty kit and the sentiment from the A Friend Like You kit. I also used some background stamps from the 7/15 KOTM. For paper, I used Paper Studios’s Teesdale Studio and Old World Mat Stack. I bought this kit, as I played paper dolls with a best friend I’ve had from kindergarten! I’m sure she’d appreciate this card!

I started by finding the papers I wanted to use. I then stamped all the dresses and fussy cut them out. I stamped the girl on some peach linen stationary and colored her and glued on her outfit, then added shading to all the outfits. I then started to paper piece all the layers on the card. I stamped the vintage dress form on more paper and added the dots/stripes on the plain paper. I then stamped the sentiment on the peach stationary, inked the edges and backed it with darker paper.

I added all the components, a little ribbon, button, twine and crystal dots and called it done. Since I was a paper doll fan and I love these outfits, I love how the card turned out! Hope you enjoy this one! Oh, and yes, in case you wondered, the outfits do fit...I had to try them out, didn’t I?😉




No comments:

Post a Comment