Thursday, April 19, 2018

Vintage Woman Card

Went back to the April 2017 SMAK kit and the original image that drew me to it! I actually ended up using 4 stamps from this kit. I also pulled out a Market 49 paper collection I haven’t tied yet!

To begin, I selected a paper with a fern on it on the right side. I then used the branches image and stamped using my Misti the left side. I then pulled the girl and used a Rich Cocoa Memento ink to stamp her in the middle, again using my Mist to get a dark enough image.

Pulling out the Prismacolor pencils I thought would go, I colored in the face and hand, turned to the dress and then the hair. I also added color to the butterfly. I added a little brown and white pen detail and called it done.

I then started looking at how to construct the card. I decided to use an ephemera tag I had at the top. I then fussy cut images from the Market 49 paper. I stamped the sentiment on the envelope image and used a tiny splatter dots stamp from the kit to add some red color. I also added Red color to the birds image. I used Distress Oxides on the edges of all the pieces.

To complete the card, I used cream cardstock and a sheet of Kraft cardstock as a base layer. I then layered all the pieces, adding green and cream twine, a pale pink flower, prills in her hair to match the flower center and matching sequins.

Hope you like vintage, as this one has it in spades! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment