Friday, April 20, 2018

Embrace Today Card

In between errands and a rabies shot for my little dog, I worked on this card today! Sentiment and a small image came from Unity’s 2015 SMAK kit and the main image from the Embrace Today Layers of Life kit. I ended up making the card into the sketch design on Unity’s card challenge.

I brought out my craft mat, some Oxides, a Tattered Angels green Glimmer Mist, Brea Reese Yellow Glitter ink, Derwent Inktense pencils, pens and my Kuretake paints. I also ended up using a few Tim Holtz stencils.

I started by laying down greens on the craft mat and smooshing the watercolor paper into the greens. Did this several times drying the paper in between. I stamped the image using my Misti by using different oxide inks on the flower, leaves and the background images.

 I then began coloring the flower with different yellows and butterfly’s.  In person, they are glittery. I used pencils to help shade the flower and additionally once colored used a pen for faint outlines. I added some darker colors to the leaves. I then added a little water to my darkened yellow and spattered it on the paper. I also took a white Posca pen and spattered that. I then took a stencil and added dots around the sides. Once I cut the sheet down, I colored the edges.

I stamped the sentiment using my Misti again on patterned paper. This time I variegated the oxides I used..between green, tan and orange. I cut down the paper and added color to the edges again.

To create the card, I pulled more sheets out of the pad I was using and cut some strips. One of the Strips had flowers on the end. I decided to do the same faintly to the others. On the yellow sheet I used the smaller image. On the other brown, I used a stencil and the orate oxide. I took a pen and outlined all 3 strips and the images. I then pulled the card together according to the sketch and added sticky beads to it.

I’m sorry I didn’t take pictures and I hope this all made sense, but I’ve been fighting a headache all day! Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment