Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Magazine Paper Girl Card

I’ve been trying to make my way through stamping magazines I’ve bought recently and I discovered a really pretty designer paper I had to try using. I think it was a Stamping Sampler mag (or related). It only had the 1 sheet in it. I decided to use the girl from Unity’s April 2018 KOTM, paper piecing her, and the sentiment from the February 2018 KOTM. I also picked up new paper packs and a new stencil yesterday and tried a couple of those that seemed to work. I must admit I am just like a kid... as soon as I get a new toy, I have to try it out ASAP! 

I took a page from the DIY Shop paper pad that I thought matched the paper. I then took my new stencil and added the words using a green Memento Chalk ink thinking I’d frame girl with the words.

I then stamped the girl using Memento London Fog on old stationary. I experimented using Brea Reese Glitter ink on the paper as it is not watercolor paper and it worked. Although this ink can be combined with watercolor, but is not pure watercolor and it didn’t move on me. But it is so beautiful and sparkly in person. I used my yellow and blue ink, and then combined them to make green paint. I stamped the dress onto one of the papers, fussy cut it and glued it to the image. I then took my pencils and some pens and colored the rest of the image and fussy cut it out. I then stamped the image again with potting soil archival ink onto the shiny designer paper offset a bit and then glued the image onto it.

For the sentiment, I used the same paper from above and stamped first in green chalk ink and then again in Potting Soil. The green hadn’t been dark enough, but I like the shadow effect. If I had thought in advance, I would have used my Misti, but freehand didn't work out too bad.

I cut all the pieces to make them fit, backed the sentiment from the scraps, added ribbon and crystal dots and called it done. I must admit...I whited out the line down the middle of her nose as it was too jarring for me. I am in love with these colors and I think the paper turned into a pretty card! Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment