Sunday, April 22, 2018

Large Rose Card

Received this rose in a swap this week and had an urge to watercolor it, in orange tones, matching a paper I recently picked up (which is backing the rose and sentiment).  The rose stamp came from Unity’s 12/16 KOTM and the sentiment from the 4/17 SMAK kit.

I started by pulling a lightweight watercolor paper out and lightly coloring the corners and spattering the paper. I then used my Misti to stamp the rose using Archival Tea Rose ink, I used my tube paints to watercolor the rose as I have more control in matching and mixing colors. I spattered the paper again masking the rose with the stamp. I then stamped the sentiment using Iced Spruce Oxide; I was going to use the orange oxide and ended up passing on that.

I cut the paper using a postage die and ended up backing it with paper cut with a Kat Scrapiness die. I backed the sentiment with the same paper and used the same die. I finally pulled the card together using scraps of paper, washi, gold sticky strips and stick-on crystals. It’s not professionally put together (as that is not my strong suit!), but I like my rose and the colors! Hope you do too! Till next time, happy crafting!



4 comments: