Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bird On the Clock

Inspired by my new Stamperia Atelier paper collection, I pulled the clock stamp from Unity’s April 2018 SMAK kit, the dots stamp from Dinged Dots kit, and the sentiment from {... and With Her Own Wings} Kit. I also pulled a Tim Holtz clock stencil.

To start, I selected a paper from the collection. Then, I pulled out my watercolors and watercolor paper and experimented a little on test paper. Then on a new sheet, I combined my blues and added a little black to coordinate with the paper and painted the edges up to an imaginary circle outlining approximately the size of the clock. I then added a tan color in the center and dried the paper. I stamped the Wings sentiment in the center of that circle with Colorbox Harbor ink. I then stamped the clock image using black archival ink. I took a Colorbox Copper ink and a sponge and sponged some numbers on the missing side of the clock. I then stamped some dots in the corners using Distress Walnut Stain.

To color the bird I used Derwent Inktense pencils and a wet brush and finished with black and white pens. To add dimension to the clock, I used pastel chalks and my finger and a small bit of water.

I stamped the sentiment, fussy cut it and inked the edges.  I used washi tape as a background for the sentiment. Wrapped the bird image with fancy string and twine. Mounted everything on the card and added sequins.

I am really happy with how this one turned out and hope you enjoyed learning a bit about it! Thanks for visiting and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment