Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Beauty Inside Card

Reverted back to comfort zone and some fun mixed media stuff using the Unity April 2018 SMAK kit which I’ve just subscribed to. I have cancelled the regular kit as I’m interested in a lot of the older SMAK kits to use on more mixed media cards, tags, canvasses and you can get them for reduced prices as a member. 

I stamped the rose image using a brown archival ink. I then used a combo of Brea Reese Glitter ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Oxide inks and Distress inks to add color to the image. This left the rose and leaves very prettily glittering! I added spatters of color around the circle image, partial die cut it, and distressed the edges. I ended up using gesso and a stencil on this image to give contrast. I also decided to cut a circle in white netting to back the image.

I pulled another background stamp from the kit, stamped it in green oxide and die-cut it. I then cut out a Tim Holtz vellum that would match. I had already pulled a green background patterned paper that I was coordinating everything with. I distressed the edges and attached the vellum on upper right side. Then I found a journal card with roses that I cut down and slightly colored to match the theme for the bottom right side.  I found a distressed antique gold paper that I die cut with a Bo Bunny small doily die. I then pulled a cheap flower and leaves that I sprayed and colored to match. I decided to place the flower on the doily and use it on upper left side.

I then turned to washi to add potential color to the card and found a simple design and an antique one. I put the antique washi on bottom right.  I played around with all the elements and then started looking for a sentiment. Started with Hello Friend from the May 2017 KOTM, stamping onto an ephemera piece and backing it with matching scrap paper. I decided the card needed something more and stamped a sentiment from the SMAK kit onto a piece of green watercolor scrap paper that I colored for another card.

I then pulled all elements together and fussed until I was satisfied by adding buttons, another small flower, twine, sequins and Nuvo drops. I like how this one turned out and hope you do too! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment