Thursday, April 12, 2018

Lovely Lilacs Card

Responding to a new Sketch Card Challenge on the Unity Show and Tell Facebook group, I pulled this card together today. I used Unity’s Lovely Lilacs kit, Bitty Backgrounds and the sentiment came from the Every Beautiful Little Thing kit. I also pulled out 49 Market’s Cottage Life paper.

I played around on some watercolor paper until I finally started with a fresh sheet, decided to use a Momento Chalk Pretty Petunia color, and Picked Raspberries and Shaded Lilac Oxide inks. I stamped them and sprayed water onto a craft mat and smooshed lightly the watercolor paper into the blend. I dried it and then stamped the image using black archival ink using my Misti, ensuring a dark image, then set with clear embossing powder. I then added the same colors to the Lilacs, in addition to Forest Green Oxide and another green Momento.

I stamped a dotted background stamp onto a scrap watercolor paper and then embossed the sentiment on the same sheet. To pull all the papers and colors together, I lightly added pink to the sentiment paper and paper strips.

Basically, I followed the sketch design in creating this card and added crystal embellishments to complete the card. Pretty simple card to create! Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment