Saturday, March 10, 2018

Simple Wisdom Simple Card

Created another simple card today after working on ATC’s. Had my watercolors out (tube paints), so I decided to create a Spring card given we’re springing forward tonight on daylight savings time. Our daffodils have already bloomed and now our flowering trees are just glowing with color! I used Unity’s Simple Wisdom for both the daffodil vase image and the sentiment. I stamped the image using a soft Coffee Archival ink. I proceeded to color the flowers, leaves and vase, quickly, matching colors to Prima’s Life Time paper collection. Once completed, I die cut the image and distressed the edges. I then fussy cut some paper keys. I wrapped the image with a fancy blue/brown twine, used a marble tan button to tie the strings, and added the distressed keys all on the side of the image. I then fussy cut out a matching tag from the paper pad and a strip of key patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment on the tag using Stampin Up’s Delightful Dijon ink and attached a brad. 

To complete the card, I affixed a brown paint spattered paper from the pad, added the strip of paper behind the image and the image. Finally I added the sentiment and called the card done. Pretty simple card, but I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


4 comments: