Thursday, March 8, 2018

Banner Birthday Card

Today, I pulled out my Derwent Inktense pencils. I’ve been wanting to stamp out the banner from Unity’s 10/15 KOTM. I used a Colorbox archival ink and stamped onto Spectrum Noir Aqua watercolor paper. I then just proceeded to pull pencils out of the box and colored. For once I had no plan or color scheme in mind. I knew I wanted a vintage look though. I shaded the banners individually. I painted the background using Distress inks and then I spritzed the page. I stamped the sentiment from the same kit and used the pencils and water to frame the sentiment. I pulled out some new vintage brown based washi tapes and added them to a card. I backed the watercolor page with a brown wood grained paper. I then found a muted vintage paper to fill in the rest of the card and added the banner frame. I added some ephemera and crystals and the card was done.

This card is relatively simple to produce. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment