Sunday, March 4, 2018

Do It Anyway ATC

Couple weeks ago, after joining an Artist Trading Card (ATC) Unity swap group, I designed and created my first ATC. I chose to use a variety of Unity kits on this one, specifically, Boldly Believe, Feel the Fear, Hug, Straight Laced and a freebie butterfly stamp. Given this was my first ATC Swap, as well as some of the others in the group, and, I was feeling a little nervous, I quickly decided on the sentiment and the Believe flower.

To begin with, after watching several videos, I realized you could use a variety of platforms for your ATC’s. I had some leftover poster board and cut that into twenty 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 cards. I picked the Distress colors I wanted for the background, stamped them on my craft mat and began “smooshing” the cards into the colors. I then took a Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist and sprayed each card to give an overall yellow Glimmer. I then took the script stamp and stamped that sideways on the card. I decided  to add an edge and used a Copper Colorbox archival ink to stamp a lace border.

Now for the images, I stamped the flower in green and butterfly in black archival inks. I then pulled out my new red and yellow Brea Reese Glitter inks and colored the images. I then stamped the sentiment all over a 7 Gypsies 12x12 sheet. I fussy cut the sentiment into 2 pieces and distressed the edges.

To finish the cards, I affixed the sentiments, added tiny flowers and sticky sparkles. Once completed, I decided the cards were over the top, as usual, but I was able to use my new toys (sprays and inks). They adequately lived up to the “first card ever” ATC, and my initial fears were confirmed - I needed more design practice! Here’s some pics of products and efforts,




No comments:

Post a Comment