Saturday, March 3, 2018

Stamp and Scrapbook Expo Classes

Update: added pic below of 2nd day mixed media focused purchases!

I’m currently attending a Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in California. Besides buying out the vendor booths with paper, bling, all the new Oxides, I also spent a lot of time in classes.

The first was focused on Alcohol inks and the techniques used with them. I must admit I had a headache from the fumes afterwards but the class was great and I got to play with Ranger inks. Nicole Peterson gave the class. She supplied each table with the hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol and Copic blender liquid which we used to create the shown designs. Takeaways: 4 inks, a gelli plate, instructions, couple Yupo papers left, and our creations.

The second and third classes were given by the owner of Art Anthology, a mixed media vendor. The first class focused on creating the cover of an art journal. If we took the second class, focused on page creation techniques, we got the book. I created a video showing my art journal efforts. Some pages turned out okay, some not, but the good thing is you can always add to a page and change it. The last class ended at 9pm and was a 3 hour class. Because this was the first class she gave on the techniques...she served us pizza as we got to explore with her the techniques. It was pretty free flowing and she made all her products available to us to use. It was a very creative and exhausting night! I now have a foundation I can build on!

During the day, knowing I wanted to explore mixed media techniques, I picked up a variety of products I thought I could use. I especially loved the finding of 49 and Market products! I loved the paper pack besides the chip boards! I also picked up a couple different metallic watercolors. Found a bunch of cool stencils and the 2nd day (not pictured here), I picked up several interesting background stamps. See pic of these purchases! 


Hope this was interesting to you. You’ll be able to see from the video (not posted here) on the various FB groups I’m subscribed to. You’ll understand why I don’t create videos after you watch it. I’m definitely more creative with my hands than eloquent with my words. Let me know if you have questions! 



5 comments:

  1. Your cards are turning out wonderful. Love your free style. Good luck in your continuous efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this must have been a blast to attend! Lo and what you created and what you bought. Are the Rubbernecker items background stamps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was suppose to be love, not lo and. Good grief, I need to proof read better.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it’s the third Expo I’ve attended. I like to attend the classes as you get to actually put something together and can ask questions! I already bought some canvases and items to make mixed media artwork. This is just giving me enough tools and media to play at creating something! I can use the stencils on cards and ATCs as well. Yes Rubberneckers had a deal on their stamps ...buy 4 at a discount and get the fifth. I went for the backgrounds!

      Delete